Equalities and Equality Targets
Accessibility Plan 2018
Equality Targets for Dawley C of E Primary Academy for the School Year 2018-2019
The Equalities Act (2010) requires that schools and other public services show that they are advancing the equalities agenda by publishing objectives that are specific and measurable.
At Dawley C of E Primary Academy, we are committed to ensuring that our targets reflect the school aims and ethos, assisting all pupils to achieve their maximum potential through progression and attainment.
Our equality targets are as follows:
- Pupils who are entitled to Pupil Premium Grant will achieve levels of attainment that are in line with all pupils nationally.
- Pupils with SEND will have attendance in line with all pupils.
The Public Sector Equality Duty 2011 has three aims under the general duty for schools/academies and other settings:
- To eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act by removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics. The eight protected groups relate to race, disability, sex, gender reassignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, religion and belief and sexual orientation.
- To advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people.
- To foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not by encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.